Makita warranty

Tennentslager

Doh didnt register my multi tool and it broke yesterday. Guess its the main bearing/gearbox as the motor is good but no oscillating.

Bought it in Nov 15...now i could try and be cute and register it today as if ive just bought it but thats a schoolboy level lie.

Any tips? What sort of price for a repair...

Phone their customer service line and "come clean". It worked for me with a Bosch tool where I did the same. OK, they didn't give me the warranty but they did repair it FOC.

There is the whole 2 year EU warranty period but it's a grey area:

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-1677034/Two-year-warranty-EU-law.html

Honesty is always the best policy. (Unless you're a politician :))

11 hours ago, Tennentslager said:

Doh didnt register my multi tool

Did you keep the receipt?  If so, you should still be covered through whoever you bought it from.

I think registration is for the manufacturer's warranty, which is separate to your ordinary consumer rights (I'm not 100% sure of that - maybe worth a bit of research).

5 hours ago, Barney12 said:

Phone their customer service line and "come clean". It worked for me with a Bosch tool where I did the same. OK, they didn't give me the warranty but they did repair it FOC.

There is the whole 2 year EU warranty period but it's a grey area:

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-1677034/Two-year-warranty-EU-law.html

Honesty is always the best policy. (Unless you're a politician :))

Called the nice customer service people at MK and they said send it to us and we'll have a look and report back...

Ill update later once they revert

• 2 weeks later...

@Barney12

It arrived today without fanfare...just my old pal back in 100% working order

Packing slip said repair under warranty and my postage cost to the far south of England was only £2.70...outstanding value for such a long way south!

Very pleased with Makita customer service.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tennentslager said:

@Barney12

It arrived today without fanfare...just my old pal back in 100% working order

Packing slip said repair under warranty and my postage cost to the far south of England was only £2.70...outstanding value for such a long way south!

Very pleased with Makita customer service.

Result :)