Is this en-suite crazy or can it work?

I am designing my sons bedroom, and want to make an en-suite, he spends hours in the bath reading so I want to put a bath instead of shower however I don't want to make his room too small so am thinking to put the width of the bath between 2 walls, I have searched and searched could not find any reference to anyone who has done this, is it a problem to do it this way? (regarding the tap and waste pipes I will make an access panel in the bedroom to reach it (it's noted in the sketch below)

(The entrance is a pocket door)

The 3d image below is the best angle I was able to extract (all the walls are transparent so it looks weird).

Would very much appreciate if anyone can tell me if this is a go or not.

Many thanks

room_m.thumb.png.90f5b6b77cd928594494338fc6434e50.png

room_m_3d.png.9d1c4afcfe9960ec21a71c6ab650dc7a.png

Move the bed 300mm closer to the desk. Give yourself some room at the side of the bath. 
It’s an ideal shape for a shower, but not ideal for a bath in honesty. 
If you must have the bath ( can’t you just give him a shower and he soaks in the master bathroom ?! ) then grab handles for getting in and out would be sensible. The risk of personal injury here is very high with your current layout. 
Or, rotator the bed 90 degrees across the window. Move desk over. Put bath opposite end, move that corner tight to the bed and put the WC at the end of where the bath is shown. Basin etc to best suit residual space. 

If you’re gaining the use of a second (?) WC by creating this room, just ask him to shower there, soak in master, and the family can use that new loo when the master is engaged. 

If this is under BRegs radar they may have issue with that room. You’d need to ask, or do the room ‘off the radar’ as many others have done / are doing. 

Think the bath is an accident waiting to happen, you would stepping in to the sloped part of the bath.  Think he may spend his time reading in a bed recovering from a slip/fall, instead of the bath.

Just my thoughts

• Like 1

I saw this done in a house where someone had created a bathroom in an impossible space where cupboards used to be.  they put the taps at the far end so you had to climb into the bath to turn the taps on.

Solution as suggested, but a bath without taps and have taps coming from the wall at one side.

I suspect this would fail building control. Are they inspecting this?

It will be wall mounted taps on the far wall, wont be any stepping over taps.

for ventilation I will have a HRVS.

can anyone be more specific why this would fail building control?

Many thanks

3 hours ago, PeterW said:

@sruk here you go - all standard stuff and gives him a double bed too (assuming your dimensions are accurate)

many thanks for that, i originally tried that but didn't really work for me, what width door are you using? if i want to put a 600mm deep wardrobe behind the door (door width 762mm) then the vanity unit obstructs part of the opening.

see sketch and images below.

Once again many thanks for your help.

sq_ensuite.thumb.png.c600a005aa894a9d50a3d468b65d35dd.png

sq_ensuite_1.thumb.png.f141a0a29f42f511ee861f3fdead0e22.png   

sq_ensuite_2.thumb.png.176e6eb4c2401ca6ae1552461395fa65.png

6 minutes ago, wozza said:

Could the bath go on the toilet wall?

Then toilet and sink on the right wall - this would give window access and allow a shower above the bath.

not really, it would leave maximum leg room between toilet and bath of 300mm

On 29/04/2022 at 16:18, sruk said:

many thanks for that, i originally tried that but didn't really work for me, what width door are you using? if i want to put a 600mm deep wardrobe behind the door (door width 762mm) then the vanity unit obstructs part of the opening.

see sketch and images below.

Once again many thanks for your help.

sq_ensuite.thumb.png.c600a005aa894a9d50a3d468b65d35dd.png

sq_ensuite_1.thumb.png.f141a0a29f42f511ee861f3fdead0e22.png   

sq_ensuite_2.thumb.png.176e6eb4c2401ca6ae1552461395fa65.png

A sliding pocket door would work

58 minutes ago, bassanclan said:

Reduce the right hand side of the door from 225 to 73mm or less and you are sorted.

You could turn the bath through 90 degrees and put it on the left hand wall so you dont have a window over the bath.

in this case almost half the entrance will be obstructed by the sink.

57 minutes ago, bassanclan said:

When we moved into our current house there was bath like your original plan. It was crazy and got ditched straight away!

crazy in what way? remember this is for a kid and maybe the occasional guest.