Re-routing gas supply underground

jayc89

Our meter is on the NE corner of the house, from there we have a copper pipe running west, entering the north wall for the GCH and continuing around to the west wall for the gas hob. It's a bit of an eye-sore and I'm constantly worried the kids will end up knocking the pipe with their bikes etc. as they're coming/going.

Would it be possible to re-route the supply, from the meter, underground, entering the house where required, through the slab. If it's possible, I assume we'd use perforated ducting and yellow MDPE? There are no other services, that I know of, in this area.

46 minutes ago, jayc89 said:

Our meter is on the NE corner of the house, from there we have a copper pipe running west, entering the north wall for the GCH and continuing around to the west wall for the gas hob. It's a bit of an eye-sore and I'm constantly worried the kids will end up knocking the pipe with their bikes etc. as they're coming/going.

Would it be possible to re-route the supply, from the meter, underground, entering the house where required, through the slab. If it's possible, I assume we'd use perforated ducting and yellow MDPE? There are no other services, that I know of, in this area.

Hi @jayc89

Do you have a solid floor, or a suspended floor with air bricks?

• 4 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, HughF said:

mdpe is approved only for use outside the property - you need tracpipe. 

It's expensive...

MDPE outside, converted to tracpipe before it goes through the foundations and up through the slab?

4 minutes ago, jayc89 said:

MDPE outside, converted to tracpipe before it goes through the foundations and up through the slab?

I think so, yeah. And depending on which regs you read, you might need to put the tracpipe in yellow ducting

• Like 1