Anyone bought SWA cable from armouredcable.net?

Radian

42 minutes ago, dpmiller said:

Superlec blow my local factors out of the water.

Pricing up about the same as the unknown supplier, but I've never bought stuff from Superlec before either. At least there's some reviews out there so I'm inclined to give them a try. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again @dpmiller Superlec were spot-on with an order I just received from them. Best prices I could find for the cable online and free next day delivery for >£50 order.

image.thumb.jpeg.458ab86bdb3abab74feaaa7c36a5dc43.jpeg

52m of 4-core 4mm2. Weighs around 25kg. Anyone got any tips on how to run it in one go?

4 hours ago, Radian said:

Thanks again @dpmiller Superlec were spot-on with an order I just received from them. Best prices I could find for the cable online and free next day delivery for >£50 order.

image.thumb.jpeg.458ab86bdb3abab74feaaa7c36a5dc43.jpeg

52m of 4-core 4mm2. Weighs around 25kg. Anyone got any tips on how to run it in one go?

Is it going in a trench or through the building fabric.

if in a trench just roll it out out along line at side of trench.

If through fabric of building I would use a short scaffold pole and a couple of car axle stands, with a spare bloke stabilising it all and helping unwind it while you take the loose end on its travels.

• Like 1

It's going from the rear of our garage along a boundary wall/fence to a deck at the far end of our garden. Most will be above ground clipped to a wall. I imagine the friction will become an issue towards the end and it doesn't help that it's not a dead straight run. There's a couple of bends to negotiate. I Guess I'll drive a stake in the ground at these corners to guide the cable around.

It’ll be easy, just make sure you either roll the drum to get the cable off or elevate it so that the drum spins, if you have the drum flat on the ground and not moving and you just start taking the cable off you will end up with a nest like slinky coil tangled mess.

I've got a cable spooling frame somewhere - not sure it will be big enough but if not, or I can't find it, I can prop a broom handle between a couple of saw horses. Nice day for it anyway. Cheers 😎

39 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

Pay with PayPal or Credit Card.

Yes I always one of those. Credit Card protection has always have been a minor miracle IMO. A case of a regulator doing something useful I suspect.