Could these be asbestos roof tiles?

Hi everyone. I'm in need of a bit of roofing advice and was hoping someone on this forum might be able to help please.

Could the roof tiles in this picture contain asbestos? It's an ex council house, which we were thinking of buying but are now worried about the roof tiles and the cost of replacing them if they are asbestos as the house already needs a lot of other work (and there's already a hole in the roof). I realise it's hard to say from a photo but I thought it may be obvious to a roofing expert? Thanks in advance for any help, it would be really appreciated. Gemma

20220414_191247.jpg

IMG-20220414-WA0000.jpg

1 hour ago, markc said:

Possibly asbestos cement

If instead they were made with non-asbestos fibres, then that is also an issue, as they haven't generally lasted as well as the asbestos ones.

When handling it, wet it first as it is the dry asbestos fibres that are dangerous. Then put it in a strong plastic bag and tie it, then repeat with another bag.

There is no requirement to replace asbestos cement tiles, but it will have to be done at some stage so will affect the price at every sale.