45° Bend Inspection Chambers

Conor

I've a long single run from a secondary soil stack to our main chamber at the public sewer connection. It's about 40m in total. First inspection point is fine, 90° bend where the pipe comes out of the building.

From there, I need two more, one will be. A 45° bend, and the other a 22.5° bend.

I can't seem to find any dedicated 45° single run inspection chambers. Would I need to fork out for a standard 3 or 5 way entry chamber? Or can I use a straight through chamber and just have the bend immediately downstream? 

4 hours ago, Conor said:

Or can I use a straight through chamber and just have the bend immediately downstream? 

Yes that’s fine or you can do it the old way with benched bends in brick built chambers. 

• Thanks 1

I think you can do either.

I used both of the following:

1. 45 deg bends at the entry and exit of the straight through run of a 3 or 5 way to make a 90 bend.

2. A long rad 45 bend with no chamber at it. The theory being a long rad bend should rod through from the closest chamber. Where I did it nearest chamber was about 6m away.

BC were happy with all I did. Give them a call for confirmation.

• Thanks 1

Thanks everybody. 

I've found long radius 22.5 and 45 bends and my local builders yard. Because of the distance I need a chamber regardless (need one every 20m) so I think I'll put in the bend just downstream of a standard chamber. I'll skip the chamber for the second bend as it's right before the last MH anyway. Seems to be the best value and fastest option... Only got the digger for the weekend so don't want to spend half a day benching and building chambers!

• Like 1