What to do with the DPM flap on Timberframe

dogman

Mbc fitted wide DPM on the soleplates.

The flap has ended sticking out about 300mm

On the rendered section it will be folded down and covered as others have done.

What do i do where there is brickwork.

There are 5 courses of bricks under the FFL off a ring beam. I have seen it on some pictures folded down 1 course into the outer skin to form a sort of cavity tray. Others just folded down into the cavity.

I have to install weep vents every 1.8m at the base and above any cavity trays according to MBC but i forgot to ask about the DPC

Anyone know the correct way to deal with it?

The more horizontal the DPC layer, the more the risk of snots and debris catching on the DPC and breeching the cavity.  I don't think that there is one "correct" way.  My builder just folded it down onto EPS and onto the outer ring-beam which was 150mm below the FFL plate.  We had a different base profile, but that was for other reasons.  See:

Thanks @TerryE the standard detail on MBC show the DPC lapping over the DPC on the ring beam. However over half the brickwork will be under ground due different levels. This means a second DPC will be needed at FFL.  I will probably fold it down and pin to slab, to keep cavity clear and have a DPC at FFL. 

We've got two DPCs as well.  In our case its because of the risk of bridging from stone laying snots  (See below for a laugh).  Because of mitigating the thermal bridging issue the engineering brick plynth stands up a couple of courses above the FFL.  So our builder put a second DPC to the top of the engineering brick. The stone skin sat on the outer side and we cut the blue tenting about 200mm above the top of this and tucked the other side under the top tenting before stapling it back.  We have some drainage holes in the EB courses, bt our main line of weep holes was at this level.  This way there was no risk of an residual snots bridging between the stone and the TF.  Details, details.  Sighhh.