Sealing electrical sockets and behind conduit against air leakage 

Good morning all,

I was wondering if some of you good folk could advise me on sealing up wall electrical sockets and any openings on the walls for electrics regarding air leakage.

We have have been recommended a product called 'Aerosana Viscon' by our renewable heating engineer but have recently bought Blowerproof liquid airtight membrane on the recommendation from forum members for sealing joints between floors and wall along with walls and ceilings.

It's maybe obvious that Blowerproof would also to the job for the sockets etc but has anybody used it for this job, or would you recommend a different product?

@Conor, did you use Blowerproof also for this or go with a different product?

Thank,

Joe

10 hours ago, KillyfadNewBuild said:

@Conor, did you use Blowerproof also for this or go with a different product?

As we built using ICF, only time we had to air tight electrics was whee we drilled through for external lights and sockets. Then we just filled the conduits with acrylic sealant.

• Like 1

Airtight paint does the trick. 

I used a dilute solution first to prime the blocks as it really sucked paint otherwise and didn't stick as well.

My diy blower door test rig showed some leaks afterwards where my chasing had gone a bit deep. Flexible sealant plugged these holes. 

• Like 1