Current build costs?

I am very behind with current build costs, and the last time I investigated them it was circa £800/m2 (budget self build) - £1400 (high end quality finish)

Given the rampant inflation associated with building material I suspect that these figures are way off in today's climate.   Does anyone have the current accurate figures?

Thanks

It’s very difficult to pin down costs 

Labour is pretty stable now 

Materials are more expensive But with massive differences between suppliers supplying the same materials 

I noticed that Wickes have structural ply at £17.85 per sheet 

Only a couple of quid dearer than what I’m getting it for at the saw mil 

Buying 50 plus sheets at a time 

Lots of companies are cashing in 

You will need to do a lot of work yourself if you are looking to make significant savings 

I’m still confident that we can come in at around 1000 m

Thanks.  I was absolutely shocked when I looked yesterday and saw moisture resistant 18mm * 600mm * 2440mm chipboard flooring at £22 a sheet!.  I nearly fell off my chair.   In 2007 when we refurbished our current property, I was paying circa £4 / sheet

Would be good to understand what products have been hit hardest by inflation.  For example, knowing that timber has gone up a lot, might change the design decision to use oak or cedar cladding to clad the whole upper floor of a contemporary build, and instead have to rethink or use an alternative material.

Edited by flanagaj

My builder says material prices are moving down, but his bricklayers asked to move from £180 a day to £250 after  many years together.

He ended the relationship and found new guys , but now has a fair bit extra work supervision etc 

1 minute ago, 7dayworker said:

My builder says material prices are moving down, but his bricklayers asked to move from £180 a day to £250 after  many years together.

He ended the relationship and found new guys , but now has a fair bit extra work supervision etc 

Generally a lot of materials are back to an “acceptable” level, many suppliers were taking the p%#£ during COVID restrictions but there was little justification for it.

but the runaway inflation is hitting pay rates and will cause more material rises if it isn’t deal with soon. If interests rates do not go up to a sustainable level many businesses will fail as they won’t be able to keep up with spiralling labour costs.

yes the heavily in debt businesses will suffer.