Approved Consultants - Buildzone Warranty - nightmare

Haylingbilly

HI There

Is any one else having issues with Approved Consultants - Buildzone seem to subcontract their warranty and building control inspections to them. I have found them to be an absolute nightmare from start to finish, cannot count how many mistakes they have made, delays they have introduced. I cannot believe it is just me!

2 hours ago, Andy brown said:

HI There

Is any one else having issues with Approved Consultants - Buildzone seem to subcontract their warranty and building control inspections to them. I have found them to be an absolute nightmare from start to finish, cannot count how many mistakes they have made, delays they have introduced. I cannot believe it is just me!

No 

It isn’t just you 

We had the same experience on our first 

We’ve decided to use a professional cert on our second and third 

Half the price and nearly all lenders recognize them 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I cannot agree enough.  Just had to undo about £6k of work that building inspector told us to do a week ago and now told us we were right in the first place!!  No returned calls.  2 weeks at least to book an inspection.  No response to queries on plan checks.  I am dreading dealing with them for the rest of the build and ultimately getting sign off!!

I'm using Protek for our warranty and haven't had any issues at all with the BCO appointed by JHAI who Protek subcontract to. She's very nice and supportive, is open to discussions about possibilities and options and attends within a couple of days of asking if required.

sorry to hear that so many have issues with Buildzone. 

11 hours ago, Thorfun said:

I'm using Protek for our warranty and haven't had any issues at all with the BCO appointed by JHAI who Protek subcontract to. She's very nice and supportive, is open to discussions about possibilities and options and attends within a couple of days of asking if required.

sorry to hear that so many have issues with Buildzone. 

I’ve used JHAI in the past and they were great.  

• 8 months later...

Hi Andy 

I am also having issues with them. 

Would I be able to speak to you about them. 

They are completely incompetent and are trying to charge me for additional visits. 

I am thinking of reporting them to RICS. 

Why do Buildzone instruct such incompetent surveyors?