Flow Screeding costs ballpark + advice

crispy_wafer

We are going to about 70mm on a 105m2 area. Provisioning for about 7.5m3 or thereabouts.

For those that have screeded recently what sort of costs per cube are you seeing + laitence removal.  Waiting with baited breath on some quotes to come back.  I've not decided yet on cement based or gypsum based.  It'll be going of UFH and the Floor finish - microcement or Resin on top.

Ta

5 minutes ago, crispy_wafer said:

Thanks, So first quote back, £25.50 per m2 for gypsol classic, works out to 357 per m3.  Ouch.  @jayc89 seems ours are pretty similar in costs, wonder if this is a regional thing...

Hi @crispy_wafer i used these, liquidscreedpumping.com,, they cover Lincolnshire

i called the mobile number and gave  my m2 and thickness and he quoted me there and then, he was working on 2 week lead time .

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Just jumping onto this post rather than start a new one.

Is there much quality difference between Gyvlon liquid screen & Cemfloor? I was set for the Gyvlon but a local plant has stopped supplying it so it would have to come from mixer truck which might be too large for access.

Prices last year for 50mm were going to be £21.50 per m2 for 83m2 (£1800) but a recent quote has increased this to £29m2 (£2400) which has increased the price by £600 for either screed.  

On 03/09/2022 at 19:08, ruggers said:

Just jumping onto this post rather than start a new one.

Is there much quality difference between Gyvlon liquid screen & Cemfloor? I was set for the Gyvlon but a local plant has stopped supplying it so it would have to come from mixer truck which might be too large for access.

Prices last year for 50mm were going to be £21.50 per m2 for 83m2 (£1800) but a recent quote has increased this to £29m2 (£2400) which has increased the price by £600 for either screed.  

I have just been quoted £36.71 m2 Cemfloor 105 m2 @75mm

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Canski said:

I have just been quoted £36.71 m2 Cemfloor 105 m2 @75mm

Thats around £5 per m2 cheaper than what I've been quoted at £29 m2. It's probably a combination of distance from the cement supplier to my site being further away as a local ones stopped providing it, and possibly reduced load compared to you, 8m3 vs my 4.5m3

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ruggers said:

Thats around £5 per m2 cheaper than what I've been quoted at £29 m2. It's probably a combination of distance from the cement supplier to my site being further away as a local ones stopped providing it, and possibly reduced load compared to you, 8m3 vs my 4.5m3

How is that cheaper ? Sorry forgot to say that my rate is supply and fix.

Edited by Canski
oops additional info

If i'm working it our correct, your screed is £36m2 at 75mm, mine is £29m2 at 50mm.

Divide 36 by 3 then x 2 (For 50mm) = £24m2 if i was using your prices.

Wagons are often 4,6,8 m3 so you will be a full load at 8m3, I will be 3/4 of a 6m3

15 minutes ago, ruggers said:

If i'm working it our correct, your screed is £36m2 at 75mm, mine is £29m2 at 50mm.

Divide 36 by 3 then x 2 (For 50mm) = £24m2 if i was using your prices.

Wagons are often 4,6,8 m3 so you will be a full load at 8m3, I will be 3/4 of a 6m3

I get you. yes you are correct. Did yours include labour ?

• 1 month later...

I've had a similar price, £650 pump and labour for a day and then around £1400 for 4.5m3. It worked out better to arrange my own cemfloor and a pump guy after shopping around a bit. Not in a position to do this for a year so prices will change slightly, but as of today it's accurate.

I've put it off for as long as I could really, I put the UFH down last week, pressurised it overnight.  No pipe leaks, Just a slight weep at the pressure test gauge so bitten the bullet and ordered the screed in, then I can get the Staircase sorted and that will be me done spending money till next year, will give everything time to dry out (my excuse!)...

• Like 2

Screed is in courtesy of the mother of all screed wagons, my boy loved wading through the muck as it was being poured in, not sure if it's good practice to advertise the company or not, but if anyone needs a recommendation for a volumetric supplier in the lincoln area just ask.

image.thumb.jpeg.fb371af1a11377f25b849ec863834795.jpegIMG_2583.thumb.jpg.e1039f1b20ded8474b875fcfe5026705.jpgIMG_2586.thumb.jpg.c8352efdc532d92887cc490ffc518c2f.jpgIMG_2587.thumb.jpg.bcf6ae1d0102edcb2592ace47675c416.jpg

Edited by crispy_wafer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another good job ticked off. Be interested to know what the finished level is like once dry and how smooth. Does it still require a self levelling compound over it if karndean or vinyl click was to be used? Did you go with cemfloor or the anhydrite type?