confused by generation figures

Barryscotland

100A Single Phase Digital Check Meter

This is the meter and its wired the input from the solar and output is into meter. So if its reading low on the meter it just means we are using most of what we are producing? Thought that as power needed to 'pass through the meter' to get to the consumer unit so it could be used it would all register on the meter

When using that as a GENERATION meter, the "input" from the inverter goes to the left hand 2 terminals and the right 2 terminals connect to your consumer unit.

We really need that photo is is not clear from your description how it is wired.

4 minutes ago, ProDave said:

, the "input" from the inverter goes to the left hand 2 terminals and the right 2 terminals connect to your consumer unit.

That is how it is wired up. two left terminals are marked input and they are from solar invertor and the two on the right are marked output and they go into the consumer unit.

12 minutes ago, ProDave said:

It seems counter intuitive but try swapping the meter input and output and see if that reads properly.

Exactly what I had to do, when I found some instructions online, that is what it also said to do.

Normal meter reads how much energy is pulled from the grid, PV meter reads how much is pushed from the inverter, so they are working in the opposite direction to each other, using the same type/ model of meter

On 31/03/2022 at 19:33, Dillsue said:

The picture you posted seems to show a meter that logs import and export. Are you sure the .9kwh youre reading isnt the inverters import showing the total nightime consumption when the grid powers the inverter??

I think that might of been what was happening, I’ve swapped the input and output wires as suggested by a few people and the meter is going up much quicker so thinking it was just wired back to front.

5 hours ago, Barryscotland said:

I think that might of been what was happening, I’ve swapped the input and output wires as suggested by a few people and the meter is going up much quicker so thinking it was just wired back to front.

It wasnt wired back to front, it was just the display was only showing import figure. That may have been because it only shows the current flow direction and you only looked at it when system wasnt generating and importing to power the inverter?? I think you can change what the display shows but a read of the manual would be needed!!