The only way is up

Marvin

All due to commercial rates - I got a £600 credit back when I amended to domestic from 17/2.

Shows what horrors await when the price cap goes away. Net zero needs to go down the pan before all the rest of us do!

• Like 1

Some of us managed to jump onto a fixed rate that is no worse unit rate than the post April cap, but at the pre April cap standing charge.  And fixed for 12 months so will protect from a further cap increase in October.

I never ever thought I would think electricity at 27p per kWh was a "good rate"

Shall we have a war of words with all the NIMBYs that have, over the last 25 years, stopped on shore RE development.

We could be so far ahead now.

But it seems we were at a relatively low level compared to out nearest and dearest.

https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php?title=Electricity_price_statistics

Electricity prices (including taxes) for household consumers, first half 2021

</>
EADEDKBEIEESITATPTLUCYFRCZFIELSKSIPLROLVLTEEHRNLMTBGHULINOISMETRRSEUBAMDGEXKUA(EUR per kWh)00.050.10.150.20.250.30.35

image.png.1625db42291dc06968fdc579e07eacab.png
  • Sweden: data not available
  • Kosovo: This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244/1999 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo Declaration of Independence.
  • Source: Eurostat (online data codes: nrg_pc_204)

This article highlights the development of electricity prices both for household and non-household consumers within the European Union (EU). When available, it also includes price data from Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Albania, Serbia, Turkey, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo*, Moldova, Georgia and Ukraine.

The price of energy in the EU depends on a range of different supply and demand conditions, including the geopolitical situation, the national energy mix, import diversification, network costs, environmental protection costs, severe weather conditions, or levels of excise and taxation. Note that the prices presented in this article include taxes, levies and VAT for household consumers, but exclude refundable taxes and levies for non-household consumers.

*This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244/1999 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence.

Edited by SteamyTea

Just looked at last months bill!

It says I'm on a fixed rate until 22 Dec 2023.

20220401_201025.thumb.jpg.6a8baa8ecd97ca807ef4899648f9e60b.jpg

Can anyone beat this:

Edited by Marvin
Clarification, hopefully.

Managed to get around half of that bill back when they flipped it from the developer's commercial tarrif to residential from 17/2.

They set the D/D at £200 per month which isn't the end of the world in these volatile times.

What this does show though is how much the price cap is affecting charges - it is the electricity costs that are through the roof even though spot gas is up 3x. Wonder how that will effect the heat pumps?

2 hours ago, Marvin said:

Clearer photo hopefully.

20220401_201240.thumb.jpg.63fc54ecb057f38c79cfc9cb7937bc38.jpg

Don't get jealous of these rates they f**ked up, and if I leave it they will only send me a HUGH bill sometime in the future....

And these were from last november... I wonder what it will be like this year...

*note, the display says monthty - the total was for the year till mid november, it's misleading.

DSC_0475.thumb.JPG.00f182f7566def96bb58b276106f9525.JPG

DSC_0474.thumb.JPG.a7c9004bff6a114e94214578c3293050.JPG