block wall intersection with roof

sarah barrows

Hi there, I have a detail that I need to resolve on my small flat roof extension project. Hoping someone can help me to get it right !!

I have a blockwall that will intersect a pitched roof overhang - you can see this on the attached picture. I'm not sure what the correct method of work is, and who will do each part.

The bricky is booked in to finish on Sunday and the roof chippy is starting on Monday.

Should I remove the gutter and build blockwork around the fascia, leaving a small amount of blockwork until the roof tiles are removed and finish the infill after the roof is finished?

Or should the roof be opened up first then the block work installed then the roof finished around the blockwork.

59117cf7f3a25_blockwalltoroofintersection.thumb.jpg.80cdff76ab74b8248eb620e0c318486c.jpg

If you want the fascias to run inline, then I would suggest removing the gutter and fascia and soffit as well as a few tiles putting a temporary tarpaulin, but your brickie might help you out with that in any case.

• Like 1