Vinyl tiles

cwr

Hi all

We're considering vinyl tiles, wood effect laid in herringbone pattern, in a large open plan area and a few smaller rooms off it, screed floor with ufh. Some questions:

1. We went round 3 suppliers, 2 have tiles with 1mm foam on the back and said lay them as a floating floor with no additional underlay. The other didn't have foam and advise laying using adhesive and no underlay. Which is better?

2. The screed is not yet down. Obviously it needs to be pretty flat, but how flat? Is there a BS or NHBC standard, or a tolerance that we need the screed guys to agreed and work to?

3. Should we lay these types of tiles under kitchen units and Islands before they are installed? I'd like to but think I read somewhere that's not necessarily a good idea.

4. Is it wise to have them laid through doorways, or should we have a break?

Thanks!

I personally fit skirting all around the room, and finish the floor just like a normal room.

this all help with air sealing etc, little insects etc

its then just a easy scribe of decorative end panel, changing the kitchen in 15 or 20 years later, the skirtings are in place and so are the tiles for example..