Trapezium Door - Any Inventive Solutions?

ThePoplars

2 hours ago, ThePoplars said:

As a side note, I've turned on "Notify me of replies" but I don't receive any emails, only a notification when I come back on site.  Is that normal or is there another setting I've to change?

Thanks. You can create Activity Streams to watch, or one of the forum gurus may reply.

I'll stop there with one further note.

IMO one easy way to manage your bedroom overheating will be to have a canopy of some sort protruding at a suitable height and distance to keep the summer and shoulder months sun from penetrating your window, while letting the low winter sun in.

It could be a thing which looks like a modern version of top of the kind of 2 storey veranda they have in the deep south of the USA or everywhere in Sydney, or think of the way Georgians did wrought iron verandas in Brighton, or even an awning or fabric.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@-33.8847748,151.2141381,3a,75y,137.36h,86.48t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s0qkmkM0EqYR-QCJx3L3xkw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

And I'll leave it all there. I had ideas about a double storey boardwalk on that side of your house (wild west hotels / deep south), but the extension makes it mainly moot.

Now build it :-).

Ferdinand

Edited by Ferdinand

• 1 year later...
On 07/05/2017 at 20:53, ThePoplars said:

Yes, we have a canopy over the front door which is on the same wall which definitely helps, and we would probably go for a different type of glass too.  Many thanks for your help.

@ThePoplars

How did you get on with the Trapezium window? Just interested if one of us came up with something that works.

F