Glazing that blocks UVA+UVB

Indy

My wife suffers from a mild form of solar urticaria, where her skin will break out in rashes and hives if exposed to the sun for too long. Its manageable if she uses sunblock when going out, as long as its SPF50 and blocks out both UVA and UVB.

I'm in the process of researching glazing options for the new house, and wanted to understand if there are certain films/coatings/types of glass that we can specify that would do some level of filtering already. This would mean not having to apply sunblock even while inside the house and enjoy the light streaming in.

"UV radiation can be virtually eliminated by the use of PVB laminated glass. Glasses from the SGG STADIP range can transmit only 0.4% of UV, compared to 44% for 10mm SGG PLANICLEAR glass."

from https://uk.saint-gobain-building-glass.com/en-gb/glass-and-solar-radiation

Doubt it's cheap though.

Edited by Conor

Oh goodness, your poor wife! It would be good to find a solution so she doesn't have to worry about it while she's at home.  A friend of a friend applied some sort of film to his windows a few years ago to block UV (as was sick of all the pictures etc fading in the sun light).  I remember my friend telling me about it because we found it funny that he couldn't figure out why all his house plants kept dying!!  I can't be more helpful than that, I just know it wasn't a case of replacing windows just a case of sticking on the film.  I hope you manage to find it or a similar product, good luck.