Tile bond patterns

Temp

So I have acquired some 600x400 limestone for a bathroom floor and walls. Which bond pattern do you think looks better? 

On walls.. straight, brick bond or 1/3rd stagger?

On the floor.. parallel with walls? diagonal?

Only thing I can't really do is diagonal on the walls because the ceiling slopes and its not 45 degrees.

I'm up for a challenge!

I’m just doing six bathrooms on a house 

They have gone  for straight and floor joints to correspond with walls 

They look ok 

Personal choice 

Try not to make it look busy 

Started planning the tile layout in Fusion360. After some hours the best arrangement I've come up with puts some holes fairly close to the edges of one or two tiles. The big vertical slot is for the mixer valve. The smaller circles are 25mm holes for body jets and shower hose. Tried moving tiles around but that doesn't look good elsewhere. Think I best get some nice new holes saws 🙂

525955846_Holesneartileedges.jpg.4a32d34c918c184eff4da3a6ba46b562.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Getting there slowly. The bond pattern is working out ok. Main issue I'm having is that the stone isn't a constant thickness. The difference between thick ones and thin ones is 3mm. Overall I don't think its great quality stone but it will look ok when done. Lucky I have so many to cut I can cut off defects. Any tips for removing these levelling spacers?

Left.thumb.jpg.078b4b47dbb51025a294e822b28170cf.jpgRight.thumb.jpg.b97371f87a9ff085046dc2c5ccf1582b.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, wozza said:

The levelling spacers are typically removed by hitting them side on with a mallet (or kicking them if on the floor)

I haven't tried yet but they felt suspiciously strong when I was putting the wedges in.

3 hours ago, Temp said:

I haven't tried yet but they felt suspiciously strong when I was putting the wedges in.

They are designed to snap off with a sharp blow from the side along with the grout line (do not try against the grout line) - you should be able to see the break point. YouTube has lots of videos.

Edited by wozza