Allan bros aluclad

Matt540

Has anyone got experience dealing with Allan bros windows and any comments on the quality of their product?

Their quote is one that’s in my shortlist but they’re so far away at the other end of the country I’ve not seen their products in person. 

any info would be appreciated 

thanks

We have just finished fitting aluclad doors and windows from them. Overall very impressed with both service and product quality. Try giving them a call- we are in Nottingham and their rep came to us with a small unit - not as good as a showroom obviously but still gives you a good idea of quality. Think he was based in Cambridge, not sure what area they cover but he was very helpful- let me know if you want me to PM contact details. 

For us they offered the best overall value and we are very happy with our choice. One of the deciding factors was we actually preferred the internal finish to some of the pricier options as we have clear lacquer internally and the wood staves are bigger than some others so there are less joints. Part of me quite like some joins as part of the fact that it's an engineered wood product, but on bigger units I do think the larger staves look better. 

Happy to answer any specific questions if you have any- it's a big decision! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I can recommend Nordan aluclad products.  We have just had loads of big windows and double sliding doors through them with clear lacquered timber on the inside, which is beautiful and nicely profiled.  We had double glazing but they do triple glazing and loads of different opening options.  We struggled a bit with logistics, but happy now everything is fitted, it looks great and it was very good value compared to many other companies.

• Like 1