Newbie stalker

Tadpole

Hello.

What a wonderful fount of knowledge and genuine experience this forum is.  I've been stalking for a while collecting ideas and information. After many many years of wanting to build our own home, including 3 failed sealed bids on plots, we have managed to secure a plot. It comes with a custom build planning passport to design and build a Potton SIPS home. We're both retired and enjoying life so we've secured the services of an experienced project manager. 

We are close to a design to go to planning but still struggling with the internal layout of the kitchen - dining - sitting room across the back. I'll be back for help with that shortly.

I'll try not to ask too many stupid questions and I'll do my best to return with a post describing the outcome following any help I receive. I'll also contribute where I have something useful to others.

Thanks

Derek

• Like 1

Morning Derek. Welcome.

You sound very sorted out. Please post ideas for your layout here. You never know what the hive mind that is Buildhub will throw up. And, as for stupid questions - there's almost no such thing. 

Almost  no such thing?  Is your project over-budget? 

Thanks TBC. I had a spell training sales reps and one of our many standard "lines" was 

"there's no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid answers".

Adrian, yep, northern edge. I've noticed others being somewhat coy about exact locations though apart from that not bothering me, there's plenty of clues in my username and Potton.