Improving SAP/EPC

Hello. 

Any tips on improving the above? We are currently 85 (B) on Energy Efficiency Rating and 86 (B) on Environmental Impact (CO2 ) Rating.

We need a score of 88 for our lender. Any tips on how we could achieve this? We already have PV - 5kw, EC charger, ASHP, UFH, MVHR.

Thanks

What air tightness did they assume?  I take it this is the design SAP?

Our design SAP was similar at mid 80's with an assumed air test of 4.  By the time we got the as built air test and entered actual as built door and window U values, the as built SAP came out as A94

If this is the design SAP and you are planning to do the air tightness properly, ask them to use a better assumed air tightness.  Or look to improve the design door or window U values etc.

Cheers @ProDave. I think they are using the default as it has never been mentioned. Funnily enough, I have just requested info on setting up a DIY air test on another thread. We will have an air test as we have spent so much time getting it airtight but I am right in thinking that it is not a requirement? We are a barn conversion (Class Q) in Worcestershire, England

I'm guessing this is for Ecology?

We decided to be 'flexible' on how we judged the overshading of our PV panels. The initial SAP had come back as 82 with moderate shading (due to our next door neighbours on the south west side). We changed it to no overshading which immediately bumped it up to 88, with the understanding that Ecology were never going to look that deeply into it & that SAP is a flawed system for judging how 'green' a house is anyway...

Make sure you have actual values specified for efficiencies of ASHP and MVHR units and cylinder losses etc., as opposed to just the default.  We were in the same situation as you, with a similar score, and doing this alone boosted our as-designed score into the nineties.

Edited by BadgerBadger
  • Like 1