Which ashp and cylinder?

Conalmcn

Originally I had set my mind on using an grant vortex oil boiler but have decided to change to a ashp setup instead. House is a 270sq metres new build insulated to a fairly decent standard, it will be airtight and I have a mvhr system installed. I'm struggling to decide on which heatpump and cylinder setup to go with. 

Joule have carried out their assessment and recommended a 12kw samsung heat pump with a joule 250litre kodiak uvc. Has anyone used this setup before and if not what is a good alternative?

I'm after value for money but not at the expense of reliability.

Just now, JohnMo said:

Do you know you home heat demand at the lowest temperature outdoors, that will be the main driver to size

The size according to joule is 12kw so I'm basing any alternative system on that really. Just looking for other options or to see if the samsung/joule setup is good

Consider an MCS certified. You can then get a £5k grant from the government Boiler Upgrade Scheme. We are having a Nibe f-2040 12kw, 300l cylinder, buffer, controls and all pipe work - 11k installed. Will cost us 6k. And the nibe isn’t cheap. 

1 minute ago, SBMS said:

Consider an MCS certified. You can then get a £5k grant from the government Boiler Upgrade Scheme. We are having a Nibe f-2040 12kw, 300l cylinder, buffer, controls and all pipe work - 11k installed. Will cost us 6k. And the nibe isn’t cheap. 

Based in Ireland so any grants aren't available unfortunately 

56 minutes ago, SBMS said:

Seems reasonable at 6k installed including pipework. I have done my ufh already...I just need the rest and that seems attractive. Whereabouts are you? 

• 3 weeks later...

We were going to go with Joule/Samsung but changed to a different installer who gave us the same Samsung 16kW Heat Pump as offered by Joule.

It’s working well, my main problem with it is the lack of remote-controlness. I think the Joule system came with an app but not via the alternative supplier.

If you expect to be able to get lots of data from it or control it remotely, have a really close look at what you are getting.

Back to the unit though, Samsung give a 7-year warranty (in the UK, subject to having it serviced, check it’s the same for you) and it’s been fine for us since installation in September last year.