Hey all,

Apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong place.... Couldn't find a relevant thread...

So we are nearing completion, we have been living at the house ie. using it in a domestic sense, for just over a year.

We installed an Air Source Heat Pump and got a loan from Home Energy Scotland. We were assured that the Domestic RHI would pay for our loan. We have our MSC Certificate and our EPC.

Ofgem and the Domestic RHI team are completely ignoring all emails from me for some reason. We're hugely aware of the fact that the deadline is coming up - they questioned how many days we had lived in the house, I told them we were here every day using it and the heat pump every day for the last year. I've chased the guy 4 times - no response. I'm on Twitter trying to get through to Ofgem. I'm trying them on the phone but keep missing their opening hours.

I just want to find out if they're trying to dodge me, and if other people in a similar situation got the RHI all sorted? I'm starting to worry, as we really can't afford these monthly payments and would DEFINITELY not have chosen to go with an ASHP otherwise...

Thanks!

Joanna

9 hours ago, ReedRichards said:

I don't know how it works in Scotland but here in England I applied for my RHI online, it took less than 15 minutes and acceptance was immediate.  You don't explain  what your problem is and why you need to make direct contact.

My problem is my application went in on 15th December and Ofgem are ignoring my emails, ie. Not responding to the application. There was a postcode mixup, which I rectified a few days after application. Now the application says "Address mismatch - pending". I called the other day and they said they were working on it... It's a long time when some people have theirs go straight through!

Start with an email here if you don’t think they are listening as they have a statutory requirement to respond within 20 days. It will also ensure they are aware you have given all documents and information necessary so that they can process your application outside of the window if necessary. 

DRHIResolutions@ofgem.gov.uk

Phone them when they are open. They tell you their opening hours in a recorded message if you phone when they are closed.  In my experience, when they are open, they answer the phone and are helpful.