Still going with my VAT return... almost there though!

We do not have completion so will need to provide some other evidence. Did anyone use a letter from their mortgage company? This is ours:

This is to certify that ********** released, on 27/01/2021, the last instalment of its loan secured on the building at Plot 4 ********** because the final valuation completed on 25/01/2021 confirmed a sufficient property value to support this release.

The HMRC VAT return notes state that they need to know the building is complete... do you think this letter will suffice or not?

Confusing! Glasgow City Council won't give us temporary habitation...only the full thing. I'm loathe to start paying council tax when there are literally no services on our street. Its a dump!! No bin collections etc etc etc...

Thanks!

Joanna

If you go with that 2021 letter, you will be time barred (within 3 months of proof of completion)

You need to ask WHY Glasgow city will not issue a temporary habitation?

If they really won't then it is wait for completion ot wait for council tax valuation.

• Like 1

It may be different in Scotland 

But in England you will struggle without a council tax bill 

We where ok We we’re paying council tax before we had mains electric gas and a water supply But that’s another story ?

11 minutes ago, Joanna Susskind said:

I sure have asked many times!! They said they dont issue them anymore - as standard... they dont do it.

We have them practically kicking our door down to get us to register for council tax though... Maybe I'll need to just do that?

DON'T go directly to your council

Submit a request here https://www.ebuildingstandards.scot/eBuildingStandardsClient/custompages/formwizard.aspx

You want application to occupy a building before a completion certificate has been accepted.

There is no fee, so just submit the proposal and see what they say?

It was the certificate of temporary habitation that we used for our VAT claim.  Council tax valuation came later after the completion certificate in our case.  (we were paying council tax for the static caravan)

1 minute ago, ProDave said:

DON'T go directly to your council

Submit a request here https://www.ebuildingstandards.scot/eBuildingStandardsClient/custompages/formwizard.aspx

You want application to occupy a building before a completion certificate has been accepted.

There is no fee, so just submit the proposal and see what they say?

I applied for a temporary habitation certificate via the portal over a year ago.... they've just said no. Everyone who works at the department. They dont issue temp certs anymore they say.

2 minutes ago, Joanna Susskind said:

I applied for a temporary habitation certificate via the portal over a year ago.... they've just said no. Everyone who works at the department. They dont issue temp certs anymore they say.

Take the matter up with head of planning to ask why they do not implement the Scottish Building Standards correctly.

Get your councillor or MSP involved?

19 hours ago, ProDave said:

Take the matter up with head of planning to ask why they do not implement the Scottish Building Standards correctly.

Get your councillor or MSP involved?

Have been in chats with the head of Building Control for a while now - maybe I should speak with the head of planning? I'll speak with the local MP for sure, thanks Dave!