Floorplans - any suggestions welcome and appreciated!

1 hour ago, CharlieKLP said:

I think it would look better to make the main roof into the porch. Just continue the roof down. Like ETC said. 

do it at the rear too, there’s no reason the conservatory area needs a different roof.

I like the bay separate though. It’s nice that it is it’s own thing.image.thumb.jpeg.440069a22091cd52cec9334d40bf1a2a.jpeg

Looks like a ski slope.

22 hours ago, ETC said:

My attempt.

@ETC, thanks! There's an awful lot to like about this. The kitchen/diner looks better - it seems to create more of a separated dining area. And we'd get full height in the master bedroom rather than sloping walls.

The only minor downside I can see is the loss of natural light into the dressing area, and perhaps less wardrobe space - are there any obvious ways to get natural light into the dressing "corridor"? Alternatively, I wonder if the wardrobes could extend over to where the double sinks are so that the dressing area uses the light coming in from the rooflight, and then reconfigure the master ensuite and family bathroom a bit?

I'm trying to compare the size and shape to what we already have. It looks like you've pushed the front door and the music room wall back, and the same on the first floor. Have you gone out further at the back of the house, where the dining table is? Or have you brought the kitchen and living room forward?

I’m not that keen on the rear elevation and I think the gable should either be centred or to one side. I didn’t want to deviate from your original plan to much but I think there is scope to get either a central or side return to the back.

23 minutes ago, ETC said:

I’m not that keen on the rear elevation and I think the gable should either be centred or to one side. I didn’t want to deviate from your original plan to much but I think there is scope to get either a central or side return to the back.

To move the gable to the right hand side, it looks do-able downstairs by moving dining area over and then flipping the kitchen and island 90 degrees so the kitchen units back onto the stairs. Upstairs, I think it would be a case of moving the bed over to the right hand side, and walking through the dressing area to get to the bedroom.

Keeping the gable central would probably mean reducing the living room to 4m wide and then shifting everything over.  Is 4m too narrow?

image.thumb.png.36d89ea2980b16e8bd2352223dfa254f.png

My effort.

It's tricky to make it look ok with the ends of the main roof pitch clipped into gables. 

The main roof pitch is 40deg into a 20 deg catslide over the porch, Similar at the rear. Trying to keep the number of roof surfaces to a minimum. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Iceverge said:

image.thumb.png.36d89ea2980b16e8bd2352223dfa254f.png

My effort.

It's tricky to make it look ok with the ends of the main roof pitch clipped into gables. 

The main roof pitch is 40deg into a 20 deg catslide over the porch, Similar at the rear. Trying to keep the number of roof surfaces to a minimum. 

Really love this forum and all the help it affords.

Having gone through a similar process myself (another thread in this subforum), I would say choose what you like best (you have to live in it and pay for it) but the suggestions from @Icevergeand @ETC are both on point. Really like the exterior above as it has a lot of symmetry.

Edited by Indy