Adhesive for bamboo flooring onto chipboard

redtop

1 hour ago, Nickfromwales said:

Why are you bonding it down?

I have found that bonding the floor gives a really solid finish.  Whether it is £800 worth of solid is debatable.  It also takes almost twice as long to fit.  Maybe a thicker click fit floating floor with decent underlay would be just as good and less expense and ball ache.

7 hours ago, Mr Punter said:

I have found that bonding the floor gives a really solid finish.  Whether it is £800 worth of solid is debatable.  It also takes almost twice as long to fit.  Maybe a thicker click fit floating floor with decent underlay would be just as good and less expense and ball ache.

Agreed, but, the OP has already got a light floating floor, so bonding down onto that is not going to give the same solid feel as you’d get when bonding to a fixed substrate or screed etc, so the question has to be; will there be any added value here in spending money bonding this down? The bamboo is already a very dense material so will sound solid underfoot regardless imo. 

Well my thought was, glued down Sticks it to the Substrate, floating doesn't and therefore introduces a bit of bounce. I already have a floating floor so it will never be solid like concrete, but floating on floating equals bounce squared. Well maybe not, but it would be bouncier than glueing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, redtop said:

Well my thought was, glued down Sticks it to the Substrate, floating doesn't and therefore introduces a bit of bounce. I already have a floating floor so it will never be solid like concrete, but floating on floating equals bounce squared. Well maybe not, but it would be bouncier than glueing.

“Bounce squared” now there’s an equation I’m not familiar with ?, has a nice ring to it tho.

5 hours ago, markc said:

“Bounce squared” now there’s an equation I’m not familiar with ?, has a nice ring to it tho.

I have a similar one for calculating size of soakaway when you leave it to the end and cant get a digger in. Dig a big hole until knackered, leave it during pouring rain. If no water in bottom its big enough. Feel free to re use

• Like 1
  • Haha 1