DPC or Cavity tray missing

GrantMcscott

9 minutes ago, epsilonGreedy said:

Have you inspected all windows or is your concern based on the removal of one window?

With a decent box eave overhang I doubt the tray provides much benefit above the upstairs window apertures.

I have water ingress on a downstairs bifold door and when I inspected the weeps are there above the lintel but no dray or dpc.  At the minute the water is coming in via the windows above as no sills on at present.

By the way most of the house has no eves

• 3 months later...

Regular brickwork is porous so water can get to the inside of the outer leaf. If it runs down to a window or similar it can cross to the inner leaf unless a cavity tray and weep holes are fitted. Frequently the lintel and cavity tray are combined into one unit. The top of the lintel slopes down to the outside.

However if the brickwork is rendered it shouldn't be possible for water to get through the outer leaf so this issue shouldn't arrise.

What stage are you at? Has the rendering has already been done? If so I would get the sills done and see what happens. If the render hasn't been done then it's a more difficult decision as fitting cavity trays after rendering will mess up the render.

2 hours ago, Temp said:

Regular brickwork is porous so water can get to the inside of the outer leaf. If it runs down to a window or similar it can cross to the inner leaf unless a cavity tray and weep holes are fitted. Frequently the lintel and cavity tray are combined into one unit. The top of the lintel slopes down to the outside.

However if the brickwork is rendered it shouldn't be possible for water to get through the outer leaf so this issue shouldn't arrise.

What stage are you at? Has the rendering has already been done? If so I would get the sills done and see what happens. If the render hasn't been done then it's a more difficult decision as fitting cavity trays after rendering will mess up the render.

Hi thanks for the reply currently the render has not been done and it is just exposed block