Floor Flatness?

BrianCork94

Hey guys,

What would everyone deem acceptable in terms of the level of flatness on a finished floor? I have several sections sections of floor on a new build that have falls in or around 12/15mm over 3m sections.

Several of the rooms also are falling from one side of the room to the other. No humps or high spots just a gradual fall.

I should mention this is all after a layer of levelling compound was added by the contractor who did the floors.

Is this acceptable? I cant find anything in UK or Irish regs regarding floor levels or flatness.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks Mark, I really thought so too. Unfortunately the contractor believes its totally acceptable. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't being OTT about it. I know most laminate floor specs state 2/3mm over 1m and going by that I don't think any part of the floor is acceptable :|

how is it possible to get self-levelling compound so far out? I thought the clue in the name 'self-levelling' would mean that it levels on it's own?

although, having never done it maybe it's harder than I think to get self-levelling compound level!

17 minutes ago, Thorfun said:

how is it possible to get self-levelling compound so far out? I thought the clue in the name 'self-levelling' would mean that it levels on it's own?

although, having never done it maybe it's harder than I think to get self-levelling compound level!

Very easy if you're dull enough to put it straight down onto a dry floor and to not put it where the lowest point is and systematically work the layers back up towards the high point.

@BrianCork94 Tell this guy to put more leveller down and to do half the fall starting at the lowest point. 6mm or so over ~3m should not be noticeable.

1 hour ago, BrianCork94 said:

Hey guys,

What would everyone deem acceptable in terms of the level of flatness on a finished floor? I have several sections sections of floor on a new build that have falls in or around 12/15mm over 3m sections.

Several of the rooms also are falling from one side of the room to the other. No humps or high spots just a gradual fall.

I should mention this is all after a layer of levelling compound was added by the contractor who did the floors.

Is this acceptable? I cant find anything in UK or Irish regs regarding floor levels or flatness.

Thanks in advance!

completely unacceptable.

Even the joke NHBC rules would preclude.

assume you haven't paid ?