ASHP installation.

Marvin

No problem with the plumbers work. Just how not to design an installation for the best results.....

If ever there were things to avoid, I think there shown here.

Edited by Marvin

The pipes on the outside of the house make me wonder how much heat loss when in winter the wind chill factor to -5C and the water at 55C travelling 8 meters in each direction with what looks like 13 or 19mm pipe lagging....

10 hours ago, Iceverge said:

Why didn't they install the internal side of the split ASHP where the boiler used to live on the ground floor. It would have been much easier to plumb I would have thought. 

Or fit a monobloc heat pump. It seems bizarre to fit a split unit in that way, unless there's something about the house that we can't see on the video.

Credit to the plumber for insisting on tidy pipework and cabling, even in the loft. It's good to see someone taking pride in doing a job well.

• Like 1

Just now, ReedRichards said:

No worse than the external oil boiler I had before the heat pump.

Yeah, apprecuate that, I'm more just comparing it with my little white boiler hidden in a kitchen cupboard with a flue terminal popping out of the wall. I've never felt all that fond or protective of it until recently when thoughts have turned to the possible pressure to fit a heat pump at some point in the future.