can anyone recommend a LVT flooring? (Glue down)

Hello Group,

Me and my wife are at the stage now the build should be finishing up shortly so we are looking at flooring, we like the karndean flooring but we have quite a large area to floor around 65m2 so at £80m2 roughly quoted from a karndean supplier, we are wondering can anyone recommend anything else?, our builder says he could quote us for a Luvanto flooring(not really heard much about this).

as it is a larger area we were told to go for a glue down method for flooring incase any movement.

Thanks in advance,
M

Pergo is a really good quality laminate plank that looks and, subject to the following, feels like real wood. Apart from the fact that it feels ever so slightly colder than real wood (because the material it is made from conducts heat much better than wood, it is hard to tell the difference, other than the fact that it won’t age. 
It can be laid in kitchens and it’s really strong. I got mine for about £32 a square meter. Pergo will send you as many free samples as you want, then you buy from one of their suppliers, like Domus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adsibob said:

Pergo is a really good quality laminate plank that looks and, subject to the following, feels like real wood. Apart from the fact that it feels ever so slightly colder than real wood (because the material it is made from conducts heat much better than wood, it is hard to tell the difference, other than the fact that it won’t age. 
It can be laid in kitchens and it’s really strong. I got mine for about £32 a square meter. Pergo will send you as many free samples as you want, then you buy from one of their suppliers, like Domus.

is it glue down?

2 minutes ago, Mike_scotland said:

is it glue down?

Not sure. You could probably glue it down, but I'm not really sure why you would want to. It works perfectly well with UFH even if not glued down. I had it at my last place as a floating floor on cellecta screedboard and it felt super solid.

22 minutes ago, Mike_scotland said:

how big is your area you put it down mate?  just a few people said to me as my area is around 65m2 maybe best with glue down.

We laid it in an entire 800 sq ft flat, except a bathroom, so maybe 725 sq ft in total. Really no issues. You leave an expansion gap at the perimeter and that gets covered by skirting board. I'm not even sure the xpansion gap was necessary as this is an engineered fibre board that is coated with a laminate "photo" of wood. Not like real wood that does have some movement to it.

Edited by Adsibob
  • Thanks 1