Staircase options

Alexphd1

Good evening. We are building 100mm block either side of the stairs case, the original plan was just to drop in pre made timber staircase which will be carpeted so nothing fancy needed. Just had a thought could we not just bolt through some angle bar on to the blockwork with timber steps?? 

Edited by Alexphd1

To be honest for the cost of a staircase you would end up making a lot more work for yourself and probably end up costing more unless you have a free supply of angle. 

By the time you work out all the geometry and start drilling for angles to be mounted and all sorts you will wish you had just bought a staircase.

• Like 1

DO IT!

It's what CAD was invented for:

20160724_192201[1]

20160724_192051[1]

Boring is also available:

2016-08-28_10-51-57

@Alexphd1, pm me your email I've some good stuff on the manufacture of steel staircases (I know you want wood treads) but it gives good info ref side angles that can be transposed.

28 minutes ago, Alexphd1 said:

To be honest, I prefer working with steel than timber. Just finished the ridge beam so we are on a roll with metal!20170420_132159.thumb.jpg.6331bddc5aded249ec1eeea7c98cf330.jpg

Chuff me that's big ..!!! How much does it weigh ..??

Got the local BM driver to swing one of ours in this week ... best tenner I've spent ..!

First delivery driver put it on the wall but on its side .... this one picked it up with slings and lifted it up onto the first floor so we could twist it in the slings and then put it perfectly onto the padstones so a bit of "adjustment" and it was pushed into place with the sledgehammer ..! 

Next ones are a challenge as the hiab can't reach ....  

• Like 1