I am done

Faz

Plot 1 done, my plot done apart from kitchen that was waiting for the worktop template completed today. Plot 2 done in 4 weeks. and externals wrapping up in terrible conditions.

15 months - 3 plots - 7,000 sq. ft at £110 psf to a high (London SW1 spec) in Cambs.

Have been self censoring on here as I have been critisised as a bit of a Swearey Mary (in the good times of Viz!) which is fair enough for the community. So this post will pretty much wrap it up for me as coming back from site where every other word consists of 4 letters to post here seems pretty much impossible!

All the best lads.

Tony

• Like 10

I don't think you could do it for that now - build cost inflation is through the roof.  No rush to start my next one to be honest until things settle down.

Mr Tea - can't remember but wern't you the one reaming (opps again) me out for poor language?  Either way, it doesn't matter mate. If you want to post on public platforms now then you need to self censor. I would rather not bother.

Might add a final flythough of the plot in a couple of week before I move in if anyone is interested.

You will never please everyone so don’t let it get to you.

the whole point of self build is to be and show individual and freedom of thinking.

The sheeple who follow all the rules buy housing estate boxes and clean their BMW’s every Sunday morning.

have a break for sure but stick around and share your F@#&£*& knowledge and experience.

oh and the fly over

• Like 1

Just now, pocster said:

Sure . How much you offering ?

Not much, more of a swap or one of my NFT.

I shall upload an image, when you transfer your NFT to me, I shall put it into the blockchain I have created and send you mine in return.

So no cash involved between us, but if we want to sell the 'rights' we can.

Here is my SHA-512

f744623c59319631320570a773661c2bac876844803447d3e26af4ab956df5375cfe727884f5953f12f7a7df408e07709c9963c465f366e97fc601843366df08

35 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

Not much, more of a swap or one of my NFT.

I shall upload an image, when you transfer your NFT to me, I shall put it into the blockchain I have created and send you mine in return.

So no cash involved between us, but if we want to sell the 'rights' we can.

Here is my SHA-512

f744623c59319631320570a773661c2bac876844803447d3e26af4ab956df5375cfe727884f5953f12f7a7df408e07709c9963c465f366e97fc601843366df08

It’s rubbish . Not worth a penny 

You can have mine and the exclusive rights for £500 

10 hours ago, pocster said:

Don't go. Keep posting and keep swearing.

But remember ... you ain't nothing until you get 1 of these!

Screenshot 2022-01-28 at 10.48.22.png

You are (strange) but totally right to be honest - make them tell you to f*ck off!  I wasn't sulking but, if I was, sulk over. Happened to me at Audi Sports Net and will probably happen again - who gives a toss! I just don't want to ever be in a situation where I self censor - there is just no point in posting in that environment.

Anyways, notice given on my shithole rental today (nice views mind) - move 'planned' (ie I have done f*ck all about booking anything) for w/c 14/2. We are not even going to be wet in the plot until week after next. Should be fine though. Called off the air test for the 11th and the b/c final inspection for the 14th. Sold Plot 1 - largest price achieved in the area ever - shows that people will pay for spec and quality - this was a major call when speccing the thing. I just think that quality sells itself and while the sales agent needs telling the market sets it's own level. Plot 2 will sell this w/e for even more. They are great plots tbh - I would have had an excitable accident in my pants a couple of years ago to have had the opportunity to live in one of those.

Carpets in today - no joins. Had to move a 5m x 12m carpet through the plot and around a swerve. The thing weighed over 1/4 tonne. Boomed it up with the forks to get it in over the terrace thing and then 3 of us sweated and swore for an hour moving it in place. Got 1500 sq of carpet done - galleried landing and 4 massive bedrooms with joins under carpet bars only at the door thresholds.  I didn't think that could be done tbh.

Anyway - for those sensitive souls on here (don't ever go near a site if you are!) I appologise in advance for any upset I will cause ?

Blame that Pocster chap - he has probably offended you alreay anyway!

I have offered a walkthrough without thinking how I can do it - I can load it up to You Tube but would rather not - any alternatives?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, SteamyTea said:

Looks to be missing a digit, so proof of work not accepted - recon you may have abused a nonce - did you increment your nonce correctly. Means that @pocster is probably looking at a different picture - so no wonder he does lot like it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Faz said:

The trial bit?

If that was asking about Vimeo then it’s not really a trial. You get limited uploads per week/month but it’s more than enough for the odd upload. 

they seem to call it Vimeo Basic

Edited by Thorfun

• 3 weeks later...

We move in tomorrow (going to be interesting with 2 sprained ankles) but hobbled about with the phone today for a walk through - it is unlikely to win any cinematography awards (just realised I was holding the phone upside down for one of them!) but there we go.

I will try to sort some links soon.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the absence - moving house is a bit time consuming but the real problem was knocking my pint straight into my laptop and killing it.  That gave me 2,200 reasons to remind myself to be more careful! 🙄

Loving the house btw - the combination of the underfloor heating and the MVHR makes for a wonderful balance feel. Having always lived in houses 100+ years old I have never had anything like this!

Just landscaping to go - ground is too wet to do anything to it at the moment but the trees should soon suck it all up.

• Like 5

Well done on moving in.  Sorry about your "tipsy" beer that ruined the laptop.

It's hard to describe to someone who has never experienced it just how nice the constant temperature inside a well insulated house with mvhr is.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ProDave said:

how nice the constant temperature inside a well insulated house with mvhr is.

2 hours ago, Faz said:

Loving the house btw - the combination of the underfloor heating and the MVHR makes for a wonderful balance feel. Having always lived in houses 100+ years old I have never had anything like this!

Congrats, Tony.

Look forward to walkthrough. Well done achieving such high specs that people were keen to pay more for them. Any advice for what high specs seem particularly attractive to your buyers?

PS

Our builder seems to be willing to attempt a better airtight level than required. (4m3/m2/hr required, aiming for 1m3/m2) Cannot afford MVHR. Hoping to get by with heat exchange extractor fans instead.

9 hours ago, WWilts said:

Our builder seems to be willing to attempt a better airtight level than required. (4m3/m2/hr required, aiming for 1m3/m2) Cannot afford MVHR. Hoping to get by with heat exchange extractor fans instead.

In Scotland, if your air tightness is better than 3 you must fit mvhr