Directional Vents (Diffusers)

Hi All,

Does anyone know where I can buy directional diffusers? I'm fitting an outlet in a bedroom and don't want the occupants to be laying in a draught. I found a link here on Buildhub to CVC Direct who sell one:

https://cvcdirect.myshopify.com/collections/ceiling-valves/products/turn-airvalve-125mm

But when I try and buy it I'm told that they're not accepting orders at the moment. I'll try and contact them tomorrow but does anyone know of another supplier. I've tried BPC, i-Sells, Blauberg etc but no joy.

Has anyone tried modifying standard diffusers to be directional? I guess a good squirt of silicone would block up part of the outlet but would render the diffuser's flow rate unadjustable.

Thanks,

Paul.

12 hours ago, JohnMo said:

If you are really concerned why not look at coanda effect nozzles.

I haven't come across those, I'll have a look. Thanks.

10 hours ago, MJNewton said:

Where is the vent relative to the bed? 

I really don't think you'll have an issue. I sit under a vent all day at my desk and don't notice it - the air is ejected sideways and mixes with the air up at ceiling level. 

In my bedroom the vent is about 0.5m to the side of the bed head and I only notice it on very cold nights. However, I'm installing a system in our holiday cottage, which is generally a slightly colder building, and don't want to "blast freeze" our guests ?. I was thinking I would lke to direct the flow mostly towards the wall where we have the most condensation and away from the head of the bed, does that make sense or is it better to just have an overall general ventilation around the room?

12 hours ago, ProDave said:

If you are feeling a draught from a standard ceiling vent, I might suggest that your system is not set up properly and you are running at too high flow rate.

That's a thought. I did commission our home system about 3 years ago and it was set up as per the best available information regarding flow rates etc but it might be time to check it again and just see if it's still in balance as I have made one or two tweaks recently.