What is this for? On roof truss

WWilts

I have those on my roof trusses and, afaik, they hold the joined timbers together. they have lots of spikes on the back and when two pieces of wood are put next to each other they bang one of those in and it holds them together.

or summink like that.

so, no nails required in those

Edited by Thorfun
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Thorfun said:

I have those on my roof trusses and, afaik, they hold the joined timbers together. they have lots of spikes on the back and when two pieces of wood are put next to each other they bang one of those in and it holds them together.

or summink like that.

so, no nails required in those

something like this I believe

https://www.toolstation.com/tooth-plate-connector/p44246?store=SE&utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=googleshoppingfeed&mkwid=_dc&pcrid=558033462390&pkw=&pmt=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI08z1wKjF9QIVc4BQBh2JzAMnEAQYAiABEgK1n_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Like 1

The panels with small arrow like openings are used to join pieces of timber together. They are punched through so the missing bits act like nails and hold it all nice and tight. If your really bored and don't like your wrists try and batter one of. You will get tired, sore and bored very quick.

• Like 1