HELP Vaillant Boiler not working - URGENT

Adsibob

1 hour ago, MJNewton said:

A Google search suggests that first error might be a loose/disconnected flow temperature sensor. Perhaps that itself might then also cause the second error? 

So the "landlord" has just been and fiddled around with it trying to push in all the connections/wires to makes sure nothing was loose. This got it working for about 30 minutes only for it to conk out again. Miserable.

Oh well, at least we have hot water and hot water bottles. With enough hot water bottles, who needs radiators!

On 18/01/2022 at 21:25, Adsibob said:

So the "landlord" has just been and fiddled around with it trying to push in all the connections/wires to makes sure nothing was loose. This got it working for about 30 minutes only for it to conk out again. Miserable.

Oh well, at least we have hot water and hot water bottles. With enough hot water bottles, who needs radiators!

A professional letting agency would declare a lack of heating at this time of year to be a critical situation that must be resolved within a few days.

In view of your other thread just the declare the rental property to be uninhabitable and move back into your nearly rebuilt house. Is the deposit held with a 3rd party?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, epsilonGreedy said:

A professional letting agency would declare a lack of heating at this time of year to be a critical situation that must be resolved within a few days.

In view of your other thread just the declare the rental property to be uninhabitable and move back into your nearly rebuilt house. Is the deposit held with a 3rd party?

lol. There is no deposit. The landlord is a relative!

On 18/01/2022 at 21:25, Adsibob said:

As a landlord myself his ‘actions’ seem poor . As @epsilonGreedy states it Is a major landlord obligation to have basics e.g heating working . My local council allow a major utility fail to be ‘ok’ for upto 3 days . I always interpret this to mean “ providing the LL has but some action in place to fix it “ . When this happens to my property and the engineer can’t arrive soon enough or we’re waiting on a part I give my tenants electric heaters so they don’t freeze . I also don’t have 1 point of failure for everything I.e boiler fails so no heating , no hot water , no shower … is no good imho …

Edited by pocster