1 PH inverter on a 3 PH supply?

ashthekid

I’m starting a new thread as a previous one started to get a bit sidetracked. 

I’m looking at putting a single phase SolarEdge HD Wave inverter onto my 3 phase supply coming in. 11 panels x360w = 3.96kW with SolarEdge Optimisers already installed and 3 phase smart meter already installed(photo attached) - this was already existing at the property with its old commercial usage.

My plan is to maybe have the single phase inverter assigned to the one phase that has the air source heat pump and perhaps electric cooker and main appliances on. I will then leave the other two phases for all lighting and other common household electrical stuff. 

Does this seem a logical?

Rather than going for a 3 phase inverter whereby some of the electricity generated may be wasted if directed into phases that may not use as much during the daytime. 
I know there maybe some balance issues but none that will effect the usability or standard building regs.

484226C3-2F56-4FFE-8A25-A50763A5734A.jpeg

Your meter should do net metering. So if you're generating 2kW and using 1kW on all 3 phases (3kW total), then you'd only be charged for 1kW. Or a kWh if you kept it constant for an hour ?

I have 3 phase and a 1phase inverter and ended up loading everything single phase onto the 3rd phase and keeping the 3phase stuff across all 3. Had I thought more about it, I could have left alone. Does make my power monitoring a bit more obvious though and the house only has a single phase board which is far and away the highest constant loading.

1 hour ago, ashthekid said:

Does this seem a logical?

Sort of but you really should balance the phases better, but yes, I would put the inverter onto the phase with the most day time demand. 

I suppose domestically you could just pretend you are only on a single phase supply, and ignore balancing but it would be better if you could keep the phases as best balanced as you could, i.e. similar load on each.