Zinc roof detail

Dunny1234

Wondering if anyone can assist? Having a zinc roof done on my self build.  There a few sections of where the roof meets the wall cladding abutment. The roof sheets are complete, and the upstanding comes up the wall 100mm.  I’m now meant to baton wall (38mm), and plyboard it (18mm) ready for the zinc guys to clad the ply/wall in zinc. The zinc installer gave me detail to follow for all the prep work, which I’ve followed to the letter.  Whilst doing the wall battons, I’ve noticed that the zinc company hasn’t put a fold in at the top of the upstand, as per pic below. Obviously, I can see this causing problems.

do you think I’m being worried over nothing?
Should I get the company to include a fold? Obviously, if they make a fold now, the upstand won’t be 100mm high, as per drawing, which could also cause problems 

Thanks, any advice would be great

93B8C73B-478F-4E8D-A8DC-C14E7C27E120.jpeg

5D946954-E3C2-4BB0-AF26-875377786988.jpeg

There’s a bit of detailing missing. 

What is the house made of, presuming it’s timberframe then wouldn’t you have an external house wrap, if so I would want to see this come down and over the top of the upstand flashing. 

I would also want to see the wall cladding come down closer to the roof, just think of rain bounce up and you need. To ensure it’s not going to bounce up and go behind wall cladding and get behind flashing. 

I would want 

flashing secured to wall

wall membreane brought down over flashing and sealed to flashing. 

Battens to come down to just below flashing to fix it all back to the wall. 

You must need some sort of bug screen also to stop anything going up behind plywood, this could be used to pin flashing back to the wall. 

Edited by Russell griffiths

I develop this for doing my roof in Colorcoat Urban, but ended up doing the same thing in Aluminium, formed on site.

I used a drip feature on the verge to move the water away, rather than a clinch on the vertical panel

image.thumb.png.8da2e6e8363fef96482abded14674cac.png

Edited by IanR
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Dunny1234 said:

Thanks Russell. The vast majority (90%) is block wall. Zinc upstand is 100mm high, but I fold like the detail shows.do you think it needs the fold at the top of upstand, as per detail drawing? 

thanks again 

B368488F-E928-4DC8-A9FB-C6D03C8A3DA8.jpeg

*no fold like the detail shows