UFH Design - Under Wardrobes ?

NewToAllOfThis

Hi,

Had two designs for UFH, this is the ground floor as we are building  a 'Topsey Turvey' house, one went around fixed furniture such as Wardrobes and the other had pipes under the Wardrobes.

I have attached the design that runs under the furniture, the comment was that the room designs could change in future and therefore pipes run around the whole area.

Looking for comments as to the runs and would you run under furniture that is unlikely to change due to the room shape.

All the pipes run out through the small bedroom and under the wardrobe, is this normal.

The route the pipes take are through door openings, we have stud walls and can go under non supporting studs that divide the boiler room and bathroom, is that possible or is it better to run via door openings.

Both designs and many other designs I have seen use what I understand is called 'single serpentine', reading articles on the internet the 'double serpentine' and 'concentric layout' seem to offer the best evenly distribution of heat. Is there a reason why the single type seems to be the most popular.

Finally, if I make any changes to the routes, will new calculations be required, is the information used to calculate overall efficency of the property or is it a document building control will need.

Thanks

Colin

UFH1.jpg

Edited by NewToAllOfThis

Personally I would not want a heater under my bed, I get hot enough as it is.  

UFH heater works best as background heat, it runs at low temp for a long time, not really suited to bedrooms, where want it comfortable to get dressed and undressed, but cool while you are sleeping and same when you are out of the room.

Our UFH takes about 6 to 8 hrs to react to a temp change, so we now run it on all the time, with single thermostat controlling the whole house except the bedroom where they set at 17 deg.

I would install electric UFH in the bathroom, have it hot when you need it off all other times, plus install an electric towel rail so you dry towels in the summer.

Some people go under stud walls, I avoided it, to limit the " I just drilled a little deep and there is water coming up" from a contractor.