Bungalow reno and extension

Alex3012

Hi everyone

My partner and I are in the process of renovating a bungalow, we're flipping front to back and extending the back (bedrooms we're on back and living area on the front).

We have completed the front of the house removing chimney breast and putting in new ensuite with the building regs required for this.

We're now planning the extension and to save costs I've drawn the drawings myself and will do the planning submission myself. I'm currently considering the building regs side of things. The extension is pretty simple; 5m rectangle on the back of the bungalow bringing out the exisiting roof pitch over it.

One of my worries is that the bungalow is adjacent to the neighbours garage (see attached rough photos) - its an odd setup I know!

Do you think that I will need to underpin the garage to complete the foundations for the extension? I'm drawing up the party wall agreement at the moment and building regs drawings.

Thanks so much in advance.

Alex

20220108_152206.jpg

Screenshot_20220109-195504_Gallery.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

your structural would state on the drawings that when digging and filling the trench foundation, you may need to do that in 2 steps (although most builders would ignore that).

Are you planning to build right against the neighbour garage wall without gap?