Window reveal insulation

DragsterDriver

Good morning :) 

I’m pondering window reveal insulation and whether I should form a ’checked’ type reveal so the insulation can return up to the window if that makes sense?

walls will be 140mm frametherm, 50mm pir, airtight layer then battens.

thanks!

(Green squiggle is window)

DD05642A-8775-4E66-99BC-6EDD8ACD5DF4.jpeg

What is typical up here is for a 25x25mm batten to be fitted to the inside of the kit (at the outside) the window then sits on this and you can put 25mm PIR on the reveals and tape them to the internal PIR/ window to complete your airtight barrier, this relies on the window openings being made big enough though, your frame is already up so i think you will struggle to fit insulation in the reveals as there will not be enough room around the window window.thumb.png.d4ba88f7e9544d39d96e1bb0d332ffbb.png

Edited by Hobbiniho
add pic
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Hobbiniho said:

What is typical up here is for a 25x25mm batten to be fitted to the inside of the kit (at the outside) the window then sits on this and you can put 25mm PIR on the reveals and tape them to the internal PIR/ window to complete your airtight barrier, this relies on the window openings being made big enough though, your frame is already up so i think you will struggle to fit insulation in the reveals as there will not be enough room around the window window.thumb.png.d4ba88f7e9544d39d96e1bb0d332ffbb.png

thanks!

that’s what I had in mind- I’ve framed out but not sheathed the walls or ordered the windows yet :)