Plumbing question #2

Buzz

In our old house we suffered from every time someone turned a tap on or flushed a toilet the shower would slow to a dribble i assume this was because they were on the same "line" to prevent this in our new build is it worth having the bathrooms on independent water lines , 1 for each room ? Or us there a better solution? 

First things to check are the static and dynamic water pressure and the flow rate of the new supply. 

Then decide on your water heating strategy, and then design the hot and cold system around this. 

Manifolds won’t fix poor flow or pressure, so you need to  start from the beginning. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks @PeterW, problem is we are not connected yet , is there any way of finding this out before connection? I was with anglian water today and know it will be connected to the main line on the other side of the road . 

19 minutes ago, Buzz said:

Thanks @joe90, are you saying one feed into a manifold with multiple feeds out for hot water and the same for the cold water ? 

Yes, I did mine like this, cold on the left and hot on the right (I split one to feed two toilets rather than another manifold bit). The 22mm fed pipes had shut off valves above pic in case they needed isolation. 

A0D79DC9-ED7A-48A9-A024-4A742438062F.jpeg

Edited by joe90
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, joe90 said:

Yes, I did mine like this, cold on the left and hot on the right (I split one to feed two toilets rather than another manifold bit). The 22mm fed pipes had shut off valves above pic in case they needed isolation. 

A0D79DC9-ED7A-48A9-A024-4A742438062F.jpeg

Assuming I have enough pressure does this solve the problem of shower dribble when you turn another tap on ? 

1 hour ago, Buzz said:

does this solve the problem of shower dribble when you turn another tap on ? 

No idea but if the shower is turned off other taps should not effect it!!! ?‍♂️

Edited by joe90