Epoxy Jointing Compounds?

MAB

I would be interested in any thoughts or experiences with using this epoxy resin based compound below or any similar jointing material instead of traditional sand and cement mortar as I need to repoint my patio joints again this year?

I have tried the brushing in of a sand/cement dry mix into dampened joints technique in previous years but it never seems to last more than a couple of years without crumbling away again and using a wet mortar mix can leave stains on the slabs unless great care (or skill) is taken!

"Pavestone Pointfix is a superior two pack multi-use jointing and repair compound. One pack contains epoxy resin within the compound and the other epoxy hardener. Once thoroughly mixed the jointing compound cures to create a permanent hard jointing material.

There are no liquids or powders to measure and mix in, so mixing and applying Pavestone Pointfix is much cleaner and easier than traditional sand and cement mortar. Pavestone Pointfix is specifically designed for pointing and infilling between many types of surfaces including concrete paving, natural stone paving, brickwork and stonework.

If it rains, or is forecast to rain, completing a traditional pointing project can become a major problem. Pavestone Pointfix eliminates this problem as it can be applied even when the paving or bricks are wet and you can even carry on pointing when it rains."

https://www.pavestone.co.uk/technical-information/pointfix-jointing-compound/

Use a pointing gun for a start to avoid stains.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/p-c-cox-ultrapoint-pointing-grouting-gun/79243?kpid=KINASEKPID&cm_mmc=GoogleLocal-_-Datafeed-_-Sealants%20and%20Adhesives&cm_mmc=Google-_-Product%20Listing%20Ads-_-Sales%20Tracking-_-sales%20tracking%20url&gclid=CJ6Y94elutMCFe0Q0wodwMsD8w&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CMekv4ilutMCFcamUQodLCcAEg

Just builders sand and cement but add a waterproofer. Don't use sharp sand as it'll struggle and can crack the gun. 

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Construction+Materials/d210/Admixtures+%26+Mortars/sd3259/Integral+Liquid+Waterproofer/p80460

Wait until it's going off then point with a bit of pipe etc.

Periodically sweep and brush in patio sand to help deny the little plant seeds a route into the cracks.

Edited by Onoff

Used the Sika one on a sandstone patio and it lasted about 2 years and I followed the instructions to the letter ..! 

I use the premixed sand & cement from B&Q now and pour / brush it in then lightly water with a hose - has lasted about 3 years now and any bits that do break out are easily and cheaply repaired