Plasterboard lifter

Morning all, I've been tasked with bracing out a high pitched ceiling with 11mm OSB, the highest point is about 4m (seemed like a great idea at the time...)  I've read on here that a few of you have used pb lifts and swear by them, do you think it'd be feasible to use one to lift OSB. 

ta

Marek

I found on the vaulted ceilings the PB lifter was less useful than a flat ceiling.  Ours was similar height, just over 4M to ridge, 45 degree pitch.

What I did was screw some temporary bits of wood at the bottom to slot the bottom end of a board in, then you just have to hold the top end of the board while you get a few screws in.  Then more temporary bits of timber to make the next slot for the bottom of the next board etc.  Then did the same for the plasterboard.

Easy job for 2 working from scaffold (Kwikstage in our case)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ProDave said:

What I did was screw some temporary bits of wood at the bottom to slot the bottom end of a board in, then you just have to hold the top end of the board while you get a few screws in.  Then more temporary bits of timber to make the next slot for the bottom of the next board etc.  Then did the same for the plasterboard.

You can also do similar using a pair of BoardMate tools.

23 hours ago, ProDave said:

I found on the vaulted ceilings the PB lifter was less useful than a flat ceiling.  Ours was similar height, just over 4M to ridge, 45 degree pitch.

Easy job for 2 working from scaffold (Kwikstage in our case)

18 hours ago, Mike said:

You can also do similar using a pair of BoardMate tools.

I like these idea's, simple but effective way of supporting and holding the board in place.  I've got some scaffold towers set up in there at the moment so I'll see how easy it is to manhandle the OSB.

Just an update to this,  made up some simple brackets out of 18mm ply and notched out the end.  Screwed to the rafters to hold lower part of the OSB in place.  Managed to get 8 boards trimmed, lifted and fitted this weekend, slow going but pleased.

image.png.25df4a85212f755fe2a6a3037230c5d8.png

Edited by crispy_wafer
  • Like 2