Planning in principle approved but limit dwellings to single storey. Should i appeal?

broadex

I am building 3 dwellings on  piece of land zoned for development (after knocking down an large house) and planning dept has approved the development but have put a condition of limiting height below their eaves level.  As this is an Approval in Principle only, with full details like dimensions, levels and heights, boundary treatments, road design and drainage, to be submitted at Reserved Matters Application, i do not understand why this condition is being implemented at this early stage and not at full application stage especially given that :

1.    The site is on a slope with 5 metre difference in level between the top and the bottom of the site. The proposed development is at the bottom. All neighbouring houses are at the top of the site. When i spoke to the planning office he simply said he had to appease the neighbhors and give them something to avoid appeals.
2.    The closest neighbouring house on top of the site (a two storey house) is 26 metres away
3.    The neighbourhood comprises 4 bungalows, 2 dormers and 3 double-storey houses. So why limiting height to below their eaves level for this site only? 
4.    Just 2 years ago, I submitted a full planning application which was approved  - the application was to build a two-storey dwelling and  was approved with no single objection on the height or privacy. This proposed development was on top of the site which is even closer to the surrounding houses. Yes this new application, one neighbhor objected on the basis of possibily of blocking views/ privacy but our response was the houses are far apart -26 metres (closest hose) and the existing boundary and tall trees/planting will provide sufficient screening.

My appeal was going to be worded around the above points but i want to add that we have not been given the opportunity to provide computer generated plans (as these would be provided at detaield planning stage) to prove height but not sure what to say in a techincial way.

Any help on the above or any other matters. 

sorry didnt explain well. the house is not yet knocked down - its just the plan. I want to build two storey but my architect thinks the limit seems to suggest that only a single storey would be allowed (not even a dormer). 

Edited by broadex

We are a in a similar position to you 

Two houses in principle 

One of the two neighbors thinks she can dictate the location of the houses and talked about engaging a planning consultant As Temp pointed out They have no right to appeal 

There comments have been noted But ignored by planners 

Daves one and a half floors looks really smart Which would keep planners happy 

Neighbors are never happy so you might want to push for two floors 

Neighbors will have hardly any input from this point 

• Like 1