Where is the kWh price heading in 2022?

3 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

Thanks for the fresh replies here, all very current and relevant to folk favouring ditching gas or building an ‘all electric’ house…….

Although no one could of predicted the gas/electric price hikes ( or perhaps they could? ) - to me it was obvious that any fossil fuel is a time restricted issue. Also UK electric consumption will double over the next decade ( partially due to shifting from gas ).

So whilst I was laughed at with a Tesla battery ROI being pointless - I was right ( smug git ).

Already locked in my price for more PV and more battery storage additions. You lot are playing catch-up - so costs of those will undoubtedly reflect the supply and demand economics.

Stop thinking and act! ? ( nearest I could find to a smug emoji )

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Still 4 times what it was this time last year.

Yes.

But if you look at the real price, it has not gone up for years.

Gas has been way to cheap.

Not as if we have never been told to do something about it in the past.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, epsilonGreedy said:

That was a fortuitous banding given your internal sq footage. Was it a drive-by banding?

No, proper valuation after the build was finished (mind the building shit was all over the place, looks much better now!) it would be much higher if in Bristol or the like. I did think it would be E, lucky I guess.

This reminds me of a discussion I had with a customer a while back.

He is retired and gets free bus travel so in a cold spell he would get the bus to Glasgow for free, where he got warmth and a change of view on the way. have a bite to heat them come back.  All to save putting the heating on in his house.

The problem is that the rising cost of electricity is forcing many back to burning stuff. My neighbour has opened up two fireplaces and over the winter has been busy every day with a chainsaw, he tells me he has 12 years worth of cut logs stored in his barn. I ws talking to a chimney sweep today who says he's never been as busy and is getting new enquiries  most days. Clearly rising energy cost are bad for the planet.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, joe90 said:

Definitely not, but it’s being stopped from April this year anyway. Going to hit farmers round here a lot.

The 2022 change to red diesel use is mainly related to construction. It can still be used in agriculture and forestry.

According to one of the comparison sites both the Coop and Octapus are still offering 24 month fixed deals at 24p/kwh and 25p/day.

That's a fair bit more than I'm paying now but a lot less than the 30p/kWH  being predicted from April. 

I must be missing something. 

46 minutes ago, jamieled said:

The 2022 change to red diesel use is mainly related to construction. It can still be used in agriculture and forestry.

But can still be used in special machinery, diggers etc https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/changes-to-rebated-fuels-entitlement-from-1-april-2022/check-when-rebated-fuel-can-be-used, so can still buy it for my JCB ?

11 minutes ago, Temp said:

According to one of the comparison sites both the Coop and Octapus are still offering 24 month fixed deals at 24p/kwh and 25p/day.

That's a fair bit more than I'm paying now but a lot less than the 30p/kWH  being predicted from April. 

I must be missing something. 

I doubt it, I signed up to a fix with Octopus at 27p per kWh only slightly cheaper than the new cap, but it will protect me from any rise in October or sooner.

2 hours ago, Onoff said:

I said a while back that with leccy cars they have you by the nuts even more so than with an ICE unless you can generate your own from pv etc.

Latest Power NI E7 rate is 11.91p

My Tesla averages about 270 W/mile

Rounding up that's 3 miles for 12p

Or 300 miles for £12

Not sure an ICE can beat that yet.

16 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Latest Power NI E7 rate is 11.91p

My Tesla averages about 270 W/mile

Rounding up that's 3 miles for 12p

Or 300 miles for £12

Not sure an ICE can beat that yet.

It was Radio 4 and they're a lying bunch of woke f***ers with an agenda. 

• Haha 1