Least disruptive way to ensure two showers can run at the same time

2 hours ago, Rachieble said:

Its tiny though. And I can't get any pipes across the floor to the bathroom at the other end of the house due to a huge steel cutting it in half - the floorboards are laid directly onto the steel and there is no gap.. 

pipes boxed in the ceiling below?

pipe box will also help you cable for the extra smoke detectors and emergency lights.

1 hour ago, Gone West said:

I'm not sure if I understand the problem completely but the house we've recently moved into has a Mira Event XS shower which has a pump built into it and runs off a low pressure hot and cold supply.

https://www.mirashowers.co.uk/showers/power-showers/mira-event-xs-thermostatic/

I don't think that's compatible with a combi boiler, but thanks

Have you a garage or an outbuilding / lean-to? You'll need somewhere to install a cold mains accumulator which will be the size of a typical UVC. You'll need to convert one or both showers to electric, or upgrade the combi to a heat-store combi. You'll not be getting off the hook easily here I'm afraid, as you cannot run 2 showers in an HMO whilst guaranteeing that a 3rd person won't go and wash the dishes or put the washing on etc which would then kill the showers on the spot.

A bit of upheaval is unavoidable, if you wish to go HMO. 

My combi boiler has 22 mm connections for the cold in and hot water out, so bigger flow combis are available if you really can’t fit a UVC

Mine is a WB HighFlow 550CDI 

Are you sure an airing type size cupboard can be created anywhere?

I would have a system boiler over a combi any day.

2 hours ago, SteamyTea said:

One problem with putting in a header tank in a living or sleeping area is that they can be noisy.

The coffin tanks are quite quiet tbh, as the full valve usually do no more than 4 lpm flow rate. That plus the water drops down inside a plastic sock so there’s no sound of water splashing into the part empty tank. 
If boxed in a bedroom and wrapped in 100mm acoustic insulation they are perfectly tolerable in fairness.