Tado with Underfloor Heating

Bosi

Hi. 

I have a new underfloor system which got 4 zones, although they are quite close and not really necessary to split.

I wonder how I can control it best via Tado and or Alexa.

I would like to turn the underfloor heating off when a max temp reached and/or over night.

As I have 4 zones it looks like I would need 4 wired Tado Thermostats, which is crazy.

Is there not a way to turn of for example the pump via Tado. or if not can I just turn of the pump with a smart socket using the thermostat temperature via Alexa for example?

Thank you in advance for your thoughts

The advantage of installing 4 tados is that most likely your four zones will have slightly different heat loss profiles. So you would benefit by the zone which is most insulated/has most solar gain, will switch off before the others.

Also, are you sure you are going to use the four zones identically?

We have zoned our house into 10 zones with a Tado thermostat on each. That’sa lot of thermostats, but I’m certain we use the zones all quite differently. Even the three bedrooms that will get most use are completely different, not just on time of the day that kids go to bed vs adults, but also orientation and level of insulation. My children’s rooms: one is east facing the other is west, both have a solid single skin wall plus 42mm of EWI. Whereas our bedroom is West facing with a vanity wall on the west side and a mix of cavity wall and solid single skin wall plus 42mm of EWI. So the use and great loss profiles of all three rooms will be different.

Edited by Adsibob