Trickle venting without windows?

ashthekid

i asked my Building Control what ventilation would be needed in some ground floor rooms(example, cinema room, utility room, pantry, toilet) that do not have any natural form like windows and said they

all "should have mechanical ventilation to ensure adequate air changes and they all need some trickle ventilation"

When says they all need some trickle ventilation too what does he mean?

I assumed that was only possible through windows? Does he mean through doors in those rooms?

Open wall vent. There's a ratio of trickle vent size to floor area of the room. Should be in the regs somewhere. But you will likely end up with 100mm vents in the rooms. I'm not sure if a mechanical vent extractor in a bathroom also counts as trickle ventilation? I'm assuming no MVHR?

No MVHR but thinking of putting dMEV in from these rooms as I don't have enough outlets through the roof upstairs and can't go out the external walls as its terraced.

Here's the floor plan.

Am thinking dMev for the cinema room, utility, WC and bathroom to the utility cupboard where the red box is and outlet up through the roof to the only spare outlet is.

Then the pantry can be extracted through the boiler room and merge with that outlet hole.

Does that all make logical sense?

And trickle ventilation wise, I just have door gaps underneath the cinema room entry door, utility entry door and pantry door I can have a grill on the bottom as it's made to look like a fake kitchen cupboard door so that will be easy. Ideally won't want to have to put sizeable 100mm vents in the walls. Especially the cinema room where the sound will really pass through.

Ventilation.png

Edited by ashthekid
Better attachment quality