Uneven floor temperature

9namjam9

So I had some Underfloor heating (re)installed in my kitchen/diner. With the thermostat set to 19C, the floor in the kitchen gets up to about 33C (measured with a gun) while the larger living area rarely gets to about 24C. This isn't too comfortable underfoot and I'd rather the kitchen wan't being heated so much, food etc. The whole area is one zone from the manifold. The water temperature at the manifold is set to minimum (35C) but the manifold temperature gauge says 50-55C when the system is running. the engineer that installed it said to try turning the zone's flow rate down, which seemed to make it worse. I tried turning it up but there is still a big difference between these areas. Is there anything else I can try? 55C seems a bit hot from what I've read, but I don't know how to turn the temperature down any more.

IMG_1368.jpg

52 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Turn the thermal mixing valve (on the right below the pump) down, until the thermometer reads the temperature you want.  The thermometer is much more accurate than the dial on the mixing valve.

It's down as far as it will go, but the water is still above 50C

take the screw out of the centre of the white knob and move it on the splines ( pull it off the splines), You will need a temp gauge to read the temp, marry the temp to the  numbers on the dial.

once you have the temp down you may have to adjust the know a spline or two either way to get it more accurate.

FLY

• Like 1