How to dry self levelling compound

Hilldes

Hi all,

We've had a self levelling compound poured on our concrete slab (technically a Webber thin coat screed). Average depth is 5mm. It was poured over 3 weeks ago and patches are still not fully dry and humidity levels in the house are over 85%.

We need to get engineered wood flooring fitted ASAP (glue down to screed). The plan was to fire up the UFH to dry the thin coat screed, but it has been a real challenge to get the plumber to connect up gas and commission the boiler - and today he tested positive for COVID.

Any ideas please on how we can dry the thin coat screed?

1. MVHR - I tried running this for a few days, but because it is not 100% efficient, over hours and days it just dropped the temperature inside close to that outside - probably too cold to dry the screed.
  2. Industrial heater hire - while this will warn the air, will it dry the screed?
  3. An alternative heat source for the UFH pipes?
Edited by Hilldes

Be careful, as the humidity level within the substrate needs to be below a given level for the engineered floor.  Check with manufacturers instructions.  You need a special gauge stuck to the floor to measure the humidity.

Our concrete floor even though a year old, the humidity was still too high.  I had to use a liquid DPM ( epoxy paint) prior to laying floor.

1 hour ago, JohnMo said:

Be careful, as the humidity level within the substrate needs to be below a given level for the engineered floor.  Check with manufacturers instructions.  You need a special gauge stuck to the floor to measure the humidity.

Our concrete floor even though a year old, the humidity was still too high.  I had to use a liquid DPM ( epoxy paint) prior to laying floor.

Thanks @JohnMo I did goole a humidity meter and bought one that I don't trust (measures humidity in the air). What type of device to I need to measure at the floor surface?